Northern Yorke Peninsula (Kadina)
The Northern Yorke Peninsula group meet in their clubrooms on South Terrace.
Programme for 2017
Feb. 9: At 4pm. InformalQuestion & Answer session with Roger Loveband covering nursery set-up and management, plus plant propagation tips and techniques . 6pm BBQ dinner- bring own food and drinks. 7.30pm AGM followed by monthly meeting.
Mar. 9: 7.30pm meeting at South Tce Clubrooms - Coral Johnston - Plants & Birds of Blanchetown region.
Mar.12: 10am. South Tce working bee followed by lunch & member garden visit.
Apr. 6: 7.30pm at South Tce Clubooms - Ian Roberts - Topic TBA.
May 6: NYP Native Plant Sale & Display - Kadina Showgrounds
May 11: 7.30pm meeting at South Terrace Clubrooms - Members 4 minute presentations & Field Trip Slideshow
May 14: Opening of NYP APS Community Art Exhibition at Moonta Gallery of the Arts,Moonta TownHall, George Street, Moonta.
June 8: 7.30pm meeting at South Tce Clubrooms -Native Grass Propagation
Some Previous Activities
- Lorena Retallick on Eucalyptus identification.
- Coral Johnston - Arkaroola trip slide show.
- David Sloper on Plant photography.
- Chris & Lib Bartholomeusz on Correas.
- Kathlyn Fabian on Flower arranging.
- The Barkers on Geocaching.
- Peter Crammond - Neville Bonney's launch of Quandong book.
- Tim & Sandra Woods on Scotia Sanctuary.
- Coral Johnston on Hakeas
- Jan White on Grevilleas
- Pauline Johnston on Melaleucas
- David Bishop & Sandra Wood - Propagation workshop
- Tim Woods on Birds
- Peter Crammond on Eucalyptus
- David Sloper on Native Grasses
- Lorena Retallick on Semi-parasitic Species
- Field trip to Wauraltee Beach, Pt Victoria Maritime Museum.
- Field trip to Adelaide area - Urrbrae Wetlands, Waite Arboretum, Adelaide Botanic Gardens & Herbarium.
- Tree plantings at the Riding for the Disabled site.
- Field trip to Minlaton fire site (regrowth), Muloowurtie, Ardrossan Grasslands.
- Field trip to North Fishermans Bay.
- Weekend away to Fleurieu area including Nangawooka Flora Reserve.
- Field trip to Proof Range.
- Field trip to Cape Elizabeth.
- Tree plantings for National Tree Day
- Weekend away to Burra.
- Field trip to Pt Pirie and Wirrabara Forest.
For more information, visit the website of the Northern Yorke Peninsula group.
To contact members in this area, please direct your enquiry to the Northern Yorke Peninsula group.